These live and online yoga anatomy workshops will walk you through key elements of anatomy
Do you want to learn about:
4 live and online yoga anatomy workshops
(12 hours total)
All videos will be recorded and accessible for 3 months
Workshop 1: Anatomical Ideas
- Description of basic movements in the body and examples in yoga
- Connective tissue as a system and its various forms and purpose
- How connective tissue intimately relates to flexibility
- Muscular system overview, its workings, function, and dysfunction
- Integrated view of nervous system and muscular system
- Overview of the skeletal system
Workshop 2: Exploring The Leg
- Discussion of the feet including: the arches, ankles, and how they influence the standing postures
- Overview of the knee, its major functions, dysfunctions, and the four major ligaments: ACL, PCL, MCL, and LCL
- The knee and lotus: how the knee often gets into trouble in this pose, what to do, and how to help others
- Structure of the pelvis including the SI joint
- The hip joint, what makes it so tight, and how hip tension affects the knee and spine
Workshop 3: Psoas and Spine
- Naming the various parts of the spine
- What movements happen in the spine and where
- The spinal discs, their functions, and dysfunctions
- Learn exactly where your psoas is
- Find out what the real relationship is between the psoas, energy, and movement
- Learn how to integrate the psoas into your practice
Workshop 4: Breathing and Arms
- Anatomical breakdown of the shoulder girdle
- Rotator cuff muscles, their function, and location
- The integrated movement of the clavicle, scapula, and humerus
- Dealing with shoulder and wrist problems
- Diaphragm anatomy and function
- Relationship of the psoas and breathing
Dates & times
Learn the complex topic of anatomy in a simple, understandable, and practical way.
Interested in the next one?Signup below and we'll let you know
as soon as we have a date.
I’ve been teaching this yoga anatomy workshop since 2000. The Yoga Anatomy Workshop lays the foundation of information that is applied in all the other workshops I teach.
This workshop gives participants an opportunity to understand anatomical concepts and principles that apply directly to yoga. The information is always presented in a simple and straightforward manner.
The Yoga Anatomy Workshop begins with shifting our understanding from the body as constructed of parts and pieces to the body as an integrated whole. We’ll also review how the body is discussed in Western scientific terms. It’s important to understand how the Western concept of the body can be used to help clarify and process what we’re doing in our asana practice. Combining that understanding with yogic principles makes for a well-rounded perspective of what’s happening in our bodies and why that may benefit us.
Watch the Webinar Q&A
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a refund?
Yes, we will offer a refund on this course until its start date which is September 10, 2022. After this date, there will not be any refunds issued. Should you sign up and then change your mind, please email us as soon as possible via the contact page.
What if I miss a class?
Classes will be presented via Zoom. All of them will be recorded and available for one year from the start date.
When do I get access?
We will be providing access to the video of each workshop within 24 hours. This is simply to allow us time to process the videos and upload them.
Your purchases are all on the “dashboard” which you are redirected to upon login. If you’re already logged in, the dashboard link is on the right-hand side of the main menu. You will not see this course appear on your dashboard until one week before the start date.